We offer 36 different varieties of Balsamic Vinegar. All are the highest quality and are aged in oak barrels. All are imported from Modena, Italy.200 ml bottles, Balsamic Vinegar is a reduction made from grapes grown in Northern Italy, it is not considered a wine vinegar because the grape juice is not fermented. It is reduced and aged in oak barrels until rich, thick and sweet. Here's some ideas for using and enjoying our Balsamic Vinegar:
- Combine with our TBK flavored olive oils to make a quick Viniagrette for your salad or fresh veggies
- Add a splash to tomato-based soups or sauces to give a rich flavor boost (add at the end of cooking for best results)
- Think of Balsamic more like a wine than a vinegar when adding to sauces or gravies- that thought process will boost your creativity, (don't get hung up on the vinegar part)
- Combine with our TBK olive oils and dipping herbs for a tasty bread dip!
- Make an easy Balsamic Glaze: simply mix 2-parts of Balsamic to 1-part sugar (we prefer honey), allow to simmer till thick and use to drizzle over pizza, pasta dishes, fish, meats, veggies, fruits or even ice cream just prior to serving
- Mix with some sliced shallots and a dollop of mustard to make a great marinade for meats, tofu or even portabella mushrooms!
- be creative! Enjoy!
The Bakers Kitchen