This French country kitchen-inspired Crimson Butter Bell crock features a decorative hand-distressed embossed pattern creating a rustic well-worn look. Made of durable New Bone China, the Antique Butter Bell Crock comes in several vintage colors that conjure images of the French countryside; Lavender, Goldenrod, Sienna, Ivory Rose, Rouge, Vert, Azure, Sea Spray and White Linen.
- Guaranteed to keep your butter fresh and spreadable for weeks without refrigeration!
- Made by L. Tremain, famous for fine ceramic butter crocks since 1996.
- Endorsed by Top Chefs and Butter Manufacturers
- Dishwasher safe.
- Holds one stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- Size: 4.25" x 3.78"
How To Use Butter Bell Crocks
The Original Butter Bell Crock is a modern version of an authentic French beurrier. Made from high-quality, durable New Bone China, the Butter Bell Crock safely keeps butter at room temperature-- without refrigeration or the threat of spoilage or odors. Through the study of traditional and historic methods of butter storage, L. Tremain has recreated and improved this natural method of preserving the creamy texture and delicate flavor that makes butter the most popular and delicious spread in the world.
For more information on how to use the Butter Bell Crock please see the Anatomy of the Butter Bell Crock, Frequently Asked Questions, Helpful Hints, and Food Network's Unwrapped Video.
Anatomy of a Butter Bell
Most Frequent Questions About Butter Bell Crocks
Is the Butter Bell Crock dishwasher safe?
Yes, the Butter Bell crock is dishwasher safe.
Can I use margarine (or other spreads) in the Butter Bell Crock?
The Butter Bell crock works best when real butter is used. Margarine does not have a spread-ability problem. Also, margarines are "oilier" and will not stay in the lid very easily. Though the Butter Bell can make a great serving piece at a party for other spreads or dips, it is not recommended to store other processed spreads in the Butter Bell crock, which often need refrigeration to stay fresh for extended periods of time.
Can I use whipped butter in the Butter Bell Crock?
Whipped butter is not recommended for storage in the Butter Bell crock, as it is less dense than regular butter. It contains tiny air pockets (hence the fluffiness) which causes the butter to fall into the water. In addition, ghee or clarified butters are not recommended for use in the Butter Bell crock.
Can I store herbal butters in the Butter Bell Crock?
Herbal butters are fine to serve and store in your Butter Bell crock, however they will not stay fresh as long as pure butter. Butters that contain fresh herbs will stay fresh approximately 5 to 7 days in the Butter Bell crock. This can vary somewhat, so use your best judgment before use.
Where is the Butter Bell Crock made and is it safe?
The Butter Bell Crocks are made in China by a top manufacturer of ceramic products. The Crocks are made from the highest quality materials and are completely safe, as they contain no lead or cadmium.
What are the dimensions of the Butter Bell crock, and how much butter does it hold?
Butter Bell Crocks have a cylinder shape. They are about 3.75 inches in length, width and height. Each crock can hold one stick of butter, or half a cup of butter.
Helpful Hints for Using Your Better Bell® Crock
- Do not allow the butter to become too soft.
- The butter should be firm enough so that is not slipping off of the knife before packing into the bell-shaped the lid. When the butter is slightly firmer, it packs into the lid better.
- Make sure you press the butter firmly into the lid to remove all air pockets.
- Air pockets within the butter create a suction effect when the lid is removed from the water, pulling the butter out of the lid. After each use, check the remaining butter in lid to ensure there aren't any air pockets. Use your knife to redistribute the remaining butter within the lid for better adherence tension.
- Don't let the "Bell" sit out of the crock base for extended periods of time.
- If it sits too long, it will start to melt past the optimal spreading firmness.
- Make sure that the Butter Bell crock is stored away from sunlight and heat.
- For example, do not store it on a counter near a stove/oven or on a window sill.
- Use the coldest water possible when adding water in the base of the crock.
- You might add a few small, smashed ice cubes if you live in a very warm climate. Make sure you change the water every 3 days. This step ensures fresher butter for longer periods of time.
- Wash thoroughly between uses.
- Like any dish, it needs to be cleaned.
Availability: Ships in 1-2 business days
Tremain (Original Butter Bell)
Manufacturer Part No: